Looking for replacement windows in Hillsborough County Florida?
Look no further! Karoly Windows & Doors has been installing replacement windows in Hillsborough County since 2001. Buying replacement windows in Hillsborough County can be a stressful process. At Karoly Windows & Doors, we take all the pressure and stress out of buying replacement windows. You can rest easy knowing that Karoly will personally guarantee your satisfaction.
We are dedicated to offering our customers 100% Total and Complete Satisfaction which is why we provide a labor warranty on installations. If you ever encounter any issues with your replacement windows in Hillsborough county, we will see to it your issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
Schedule your FREE in-home consultation with our owner and contractor, Karoly, today!
Replacement Windows in Hillsborough County Florida
Replacing windows can be a major expense when it comes to home renovation but they may be the single most important part of your project. Your windows need to protect your home from the outside elements as well as provide light and access to the outside. Original windows may not be up to new Florida building codes for wind debris zones. If your home was built prior to 2010, chances are your windows wouldn’t pass a building inspection.
Hillsborough County Building Requirements
To meet the minimum building code requirements for Hillsborough, your windows must be highly energy efficient and, depending on your address, the glass must be impact rated. We offer all of our Hillsborough home owners a FREE glass upgrade for Simonton windows, taking the standard ProSolar glass to a ProSolar Shade Low E glass which exceeds the minimum requirement. PGT windows get an FREE glass upgrade from EnergyShield to EnergyShield Max glass to ensure their windows exceed the minimum requirement as well. Our windows are always vinyl frame windows with an aluminum tube reinforcement on the inside of the frame for added strength. Vinyl replacement windows exceed building code requirements for Hillsborough.
Home Window Replacement in Hillsborough County
Our highly energy efficient vinyl replacement windows in Hillsborough are designed with home protection in mind. The glass is made to keep the heat and moisture of our Florida climate outside, while keeping your much needed air conditioning inside. Windows are a barrier from intrusive bugs, inclement weather and high velocity winds. Make sure your home renovation is done right the first time and increases the value of your home at the same time! Contact our office to set up your FREE in-home consultation with our owner and contractor, Karoly. You can utilize his 20+ years of industry knowledge to design a fresh look for your beautiful home.
Double Hung Windows Hillsborough County
- Beautiful curb appeal. When you replace old aluminum windows with vinyl double hung windows from Simonton, you increase property value for your home. It will also add curb appeal for your street bringing more potential buyers to your market. Buyers love the energy efficiency and impact resistance of Simonton StormBreaker Plus, as well as the traditional look of double hung windows.
- Our installers love double hung windows. One installer can install one double hung window in less than one hour. They come packaged, ready to install right to your Hillsborough County home.
- Easy maintenance. With both upper and lower sash of double hung windows being able to move, and the tilt feature, it makes cleaning simple. You wont have to go outside to clean the outside of your double hung window, nor will you need a ladder to reach the top.
- Simple warranty replacement. Since both sashes move, it is easy to replace a sash for a warranty claim. Our project consultants will handle your warranty for your double hung windows from the start. When your replacement sash arrives, our installers will replace it with no out of pocket expense to you.
Benefits of Replacing your Windows Today:
- Filters up to 99% of UV rays to mitigate damages such as fading carpets, upholstery and photographs.
- Sound dampening interlayer provides a 50% sound reduction from the noisy outside world (STC rating is 35).
- Creates a strong barrier from the elements, pests and burglars.
- Reinforced vinyl frames add durable protection and meet Florida building code requirements.
- Boost your homes curb appeal by adding beautiful windows, increasing buyer potential.
- Lower your monthly electric bills and qualify for an energy rebate from your electric company. Contact Teco for details.
- Free warranty assistance by Karoly Windows & Doors for Simonton and PGT windows!
Impact Replacement Windows in Hillsborough County
I’m only doing a few windows, can’t I save money buy ordering non-impact?
There is only one instance where installing non-impact windows in impact rated zones is acceptable. If you are replacing under 25% of the glass in your home, non-impact is permitted. In order to see if your small window replacement project would qualify, schedule an in-home consultation with Karoly. He will measure all of the windows in your home, calculate the square footage of glass and see if your project falls under the 25% rule. Keep in mind, we do have a 4 window minimum order requirement to order custom built non-impact vinyl replacement windows.
Window replacement cost and new window cost in Hillsborough:
Window replacement costs as well as new window cost can get rather expensive. We have a breakdown of window replacement cost and the price for replacement windows in Hillsborough below. The chart will show normal replacement window costs for Simonton windows and PGT windows which is the same price for either window brand. Karoly has a long standing relationship with Simonton windows and he gets them for the same price point as PGT windows. Usually Simonton is more expensive than its PGT counterpart. Window replacement costs will fluctuate based on upgrades you can select during the in-home window consultation with Karoly. Window size, window type, glass strength, privacy glass and tint, and color frame options will all play apart in window replacement costs. Contact us for more detailed information about the cost of replacing windows and the cost of new windows.
Impact Replacement Windows - Pricing GuidePrice based on white, vinyl, impact windows with standard installation.
- Double Hung, Single Hung, Slider or Picture windows are all the same price
- FREE ultra energy efficient upgraded glass package
- Casement and Awning Windows are an additional $400
- Large Slider Windows and Small 3-Lite Sliders starting at $1,600
- Bronze Exterior / White Interior Frames additional $460 per window
- Bronze Exterior / Bronze Interior Frames additional $700 per window
- Tan or Beige Frames additional 10% of the window price
- Glass Upgrades Per Window: Obscure Free, Turtle $150, Tempered $200
- Grids Upgrades Per Window: Colonial Flat $50 (additional options available), Grids for Arch Windows $200
- Mull bars are an additional $300 each (for multiple windows in one opening)
- Price subject to change upon in-home consultation due to additional work requirements
- Custom built windows requires a minimum purchase.
Impact Replacement Windows in Hillsborough: Brands We Trust
There are technological advancements for replacement windows in Hillsborough County that homeowners can utilize to protect their homes. Simonton StormBreaker Plus® Impact Resistant Vinyl Windows is our most installed replacement windows in Hillsborough solution. Another recommended product is our PGT Winguard® Vinyl Double Hung Windows. Both of these replacement windows can withstand repeated impact from a nine-pound beam traveling at 34 miles per hour, followed by hurricane-force winds. Even though the glass is damaged, the glass remains securely in its frame, keeping the elements outside. For more information, click the links below.
Impact Windows in Hillsborough: A Look Through the Glass
- ProSolar® Low E Glass
- Double-strength Annealed or Tempered Glass
- Argon gas
- Laminated glass
- Intercept® Spacer
Replacement Windows in Hillsborough: Styles to Choose From
Click on any window below to learn more information about the style of replacement windows.
Replacement Windows in Hillsborough: All About Grids
Traditionally, grids were wooden mullions that made multiple small panes of glass into one large window. Technological advances in the window industry have made it possible to make and transport large windows, eliminating the need to piece together windows with mullions.
Presently, people still use grids to enhance the beauty of their windows. The grids can come in between the glass panes for easy cleaning. Alternatively, they can contour over the glass for a more traditional look.
Click here for the full article: All About Grids
Reasons to consider replacement windows in Hillsborough County from Karoly Windows & Doors:
- Low cost & budget friendly, with financing options available.
- No-hassle warranty claims processing
- DOUBLE lifetime transferable warranty. (No other window company has this.)
- Screens are under warranty. (No other window company has this.)
- AAMA Gold Certified The highest level of testing with windows and doors being tested for thermal performance as well as air, water and structural integrity.
Window Installation Near Me in Hillsborough County
We monitor the installation process through “The Karoly App”
Karoly created an app to monitor the quality of window installation in Hillsborough. Our installers are trained to use the app during each stage of the installation process so Karoly can ensure everything is built out and sealed properly. This not only holds our installers accountable for their work, but also makes the inspection process easier during the COVID pandemic. The Karoly permitting team can use the photos for inspections while the Hillborough building department is avoiding in-home visits.
Specific Information for Hillsborough County, Florida
The following information is specific to the Hillsborough County area and is intended only to provide additional information to our clients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, policies and wait times may have changed to accommodate CDC guidelines and restrictions. Permitting processing times may vary. Building inspection rules also vary county by county. Contact our office for more details or to answer any questions.
Hillsborough County Property Appraiser
- Website: www.hcpafl.org
- Location: 15th Floor County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33602
- Phone: 813-272-6100
- Fax: 813-272-5519
- Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday
Hillsborough County Building Department
- Website: www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/businesses/permits-and-records
- Location: 19th Floor County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33602
- Phone: 813-272-5600
- Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Website: www.tampaelectric.com/residential/saveenergy/windowreplacement/
- Phone: 813-275-3909
- Online Energy Assessment: Click Here
- To Qualify: Windows must be installed within a conditioned space, SHGC less than or equal to .35, a U-factor less than or equal to .60, and the home must have electric whole-house air conditioning or heating.
- Before beginning your application, have the following documents saved as pdfs to your computer: NFRC report or a copy of the NFRC sticker from each window replaced, detailed contractor proposal and a paid receipt/invoice from your purchase.
- Eligible residences must have whole-house cooling and/or electric heating.
Hillsborough County Towns
Sun City Center
Town n’ County
While we do service all of these cities, we start with a proposal of your project based on your measurements before sending Karoly for your in-home consultation. Contact the office for more information. Download a measurement tracker here.
Replacement Window Installation in Hillsborough County:
- Concrete Block Home Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- High Rise Condominium Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Townhouse Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Duplex and Triplex Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Homes Built after 1952 Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Coastal Home Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Rental Property Window Replacement in Hillsborough
- Residential Home Window Replacement in Hillsborough
Links to Our Customer Review Websites
Got a Karoly Windows & Doors story to tell the world? Please clink the links below for a quick access to our review pages. Feel free to post your customer review on multiple websites. If you do not want to post your review for the public, please feel free to email us to submit your review to only Karoly and our office staff. We appreciate all feedback!
Click on any of the links or logos below to be directed to that website. You may copy and paste your review to multiple sites.
Searching for the best replacement window and door company around? Read our customer reviews to hear what they think about Karoly Windows & Doors.
Read our customer reviews that showcase why we are the best in the business. We have added a few featured reviews for your convenience below and links you may click to visit the various review website where we are featured. Previous customers may also submit their own reviews and may be featured on our website!
Our Commitment to Your Home
If you read any of our comments above, you know that it’s not just installing great replacement windows in Hillsborough County that is our priority but also to respect and take care of your home while we are there. We know your home, in most cases, is your largest investment.
We are so appreciative that you trust us to come into your home and install our products. As a result we will care for it better than we do our own. Most importantly, our employees have been trained to be super-respectful, clean, and will always leave your home free from debris and put back the way we found it.
We offer financing options for your replacement windows in Hillsborough County.
Get your replacement windows in Tampa now and pay later!
Don’t put your replacement windows in Tampa project on hold just because you are running a little low on funds. We have a few financing options for our customer’s convenience. There are special financing options for those with approved credit. It can help you conserve cash without increasing your other credit card balances.
Best Replacement Windows For Florida The best replacement windows are those that are installed precisely by experts and protect more than just your home from the weather. Your new windows should also help protect your family’s safety, comfort level, time, finances, and overall sanity! To determine what is considered the best
Schedule your FREE in-home consultation today!
to have your replacement windows in Hillsborough measured and get an estimate on your project.