Lets compare the best & most popular brands: Simonton and PGT.
- Founded in Pennsboro, West Virginia in 1946 by Fred and Sybil Simonton
- Originally produced high quality aluminum products under the Pen Vent Awning company name.
- Their son came up with the idea of producing energy efficient vinyl windows in 1981 to increase their competitive edge.
- From that idea came Simonton Windows.
- Currently Simonton produces 12 different window and patio door lines, all meeting ENERGY STAR® guidelines and exceeding customer expectations.
- Founded in 1980 by its parent company, PGT Innovations has been producing strong and safe windows for over 40 years.
- PGT Custom Windows + Doors is part of an entire brand of companies dedicated to safety, integrity, innovation and sustainable growth.
- After hurricane Andrew in 1992, PGT dedicated their company to researching and developing impact rated windows and doors.
- PGT’s manufacturing facilities are located in North Venice, FL.
Impact Double Hung Windows
Simonton offers only double hung windows in their StormBreaker Plus product line. Their impact windows are convenient, opening from the top and the bottom sash. For easy cleaning and maintenance, both sashes tilt inward.
The most important feature of impact double hung windows is the easy warranty replacement. If your window needs a warranty replacement, they send an entire sash which we easily replace without even using any tools. We would follow the warranty claim for you and replace the sash for you when it arrives.
Impact Single Hung Windows
PGT offers both single hung and double hung windows in the WinGuard Vinyl product line. These impact windows only open from the bottom sash. They come standard with a constant force balance system for easy operation.
Impact single hung PGT windows have fixed glass at the top. Under a warranty claim, PGT will provide replacement glass (40-100 lbs glass). You are required to hire a glass professional to properly replace the glass (cost would be between $450 and $1000). We are not a glass replacement company.
Offering 2, 3 or 4 panel configurations.
- Multiple opening panels and pocket options.
- Tempered Energy Shield Max glass is standard.
- Screens are offered as an upgrade.
- 2 Track Doors: 6″ Wide frame requires cutting concrete/floor back or building an additional frame on the outside to properly fit the wider frame.
Double-Lifetime Limited Warranty
Laminated glass is warrantied for 20 years with a 20 year stress crack warranty
When needing to process a warranty claim, we will do it for you! We process the claim and order the replacement sash. When the sash arrives we will cover any cost associated with the replacement. We do not cover costs of fixed glass replacement claims because we do not replace glass in windows or sliding glass doors.
Transferable Limited Warranty
Laminated glass is warrantied for 10 years with a 1 year stress crack warranty
You have to process your own warranty claim with PGT. Once you receive your replacement sliding glass door panel or window sash, you can contact us and we will send our installers out to do the replacement at no cost to you. If you receive a glass replacement kit, you will have to contact another company for glass replacement.
Karoly is confident in our products and installation crews. He is so confident that he offers a labor warranty on all our product lines that we offer. If you ever have any warranty issues, we ensure those issues will be resolved quickly and with no out of pocket labor costs for the replacement of your window sash or sliding glass door panel. Contact our office for more details! (727) 472-5610